Solar Cooling Systems.....#SolarEngineering #Engineering #RubixStrategies #Entrepreneur
The usage of renewable energy resources is an important tool for energy security. Such resources are also responsible to stop the release of greenhouse gases which are increasing earth’s average temperature. Solar cooling systems are one of the wide range applications of solar energy. A latest research regarding solar cooling systems has been discussed here.
LATEST RESEARCH: USAGE OF PARABOLIC COLLECTOR
The demand of solar cooling systems is increasing day by day for large buildings. Till now the solar cooling system being used, includes solar solid desiccant refrigeration, solar absorption refrigeration and solar adsorption refrigeration. All these systems are using flat collectors for solar radiation. Here a latest used technique is discussed which uses parabolic trough systems focusing light to receiver pipe directly. A heat storing fluid is passed through pipes that collect solar energy. The system can be used for power generation such as electricity as well as air conditioning.
SIMULATION AND EXPERIMENTATION
Solar collector systems with parabolic trough were analyzed using Greenius simulation tool. The manufacturer provided the efficiency equation of collector
Incident angle modifier (IAM) tells relationship between position of sun and optical performance of collector. For current study the observed IAM is graphically represented here.
Experiment was done on two neighboring buildings of Greece. In building A number of installed ACs was 215 at 280kW of installed electrical power. On the other hand, building B consisted of 280 ACs with installed electrical power of 340kW. Buildings thermal power simulation was observed through ENERGY PLUS SOFTWARE TOOL.
The advantage of solar cooling system becomes evident from this graph. Here the variation of cooling capacity in relation to DNI (direct normal irradiance) is shown.
Next, is the depiction of changes in the output of thermal energy of solar collector field in relation to output cooling energy of chillers. Hence it is clearly evident that solar field can meet with the demands of chillers.
SOLAR COOLING Vs CONVENTIONAL AIR CONDITIONING
· World’s energy demand is expected to increase by 60% till 2030. On the other hand, nonrenewable energy resources are depleting day by day. Furthermore, excessive combustion of fossil fuels is imparting greenhouse effect on environment hence the average temperature of earth is increasing.
· Since air conditioners are the highest electricity consuming electrical appliance, the replacement of ACs with SACs results in prospectus sustainable developments.
Normal AC Price: $650
Normal solar AC Price: $1,500
ACs in a building: 400
Electricity Consumption of Normal AC x 400 units = 4,680KW x 400 = 1,872 MW
Electricity Consumption of Solar AC x 400 units = 2,520KW x 400 = 1,008 MW
Electricity Saved x 400 units = 2,160KW x 400 = 864 MW
Saved (USD) x 400 units = $930 x 400 = $372,000
Capital of investment: Price of Solar AC x units = $1500 x 400 = $600,000
Return of investment: $600,000 / $372,000 ≈ 1 year 6 months
The above mentioned calculations indicate that the usage of SACs not only reduces the power consumption but the greenhouse gas release can also be avoided. Furthermore, the investment for SACs is also recovered after a relatively short period of time.
WHY SOLAR AIR CONDITIONERS? A CUSTOMERS FEASIBILITY
· As indicated in all the statistical data the overall expense of solar ACs is less as compared to conventional AC system.
· Investment would be remunerated soon.
· There are less maintenance issues as compared to conventional methods.
· No emission, no pollution.
· Solar energy, a sustainable resource of energy.